“Gary is a complete wealth of knowledge when it comes to sourcing and working with suppliers in China. He’s shared tons of information that has saved me a lot of money and headaches when successfully sourcing products.”
Greg Mercer, Founder of Junglescout
The purpose of 80/20 sourcing is to show you how to source your products from China efficiently and cost effectively to save you time and money so you can focus on growing your business.
The 80/20 Rule
The 80/20 rule was coined by Italian economist Pareto who discovered that 20% of things will disproportionately generate 80% of returns. For example 80% of the land in Italy was owned by 20% of the population. When applying to your business you may find that 80% of sales are generated by 20% of your key customers. Obviously you will want to focus your time on this key 20%. Similarly I will show you which 20% of the sourcing process you should focus on to generate greater returns. This will save you time and work so you can focus on growing your business to make more money.
This material will cover all aspects of sourcing a product from a supplier to moving it to your market. This includes identifying and generating a long list of suppliers, shortlisting them, conducting price negotiations, requesting samples, performing product inspections, deciding on the best shipping and freight forwarding options, placing re-orders, and solving problems during this entire process.
My name is Gary Huang and I’m American based in Shanghai. I have been sourcing from China since 2008. I’ve sourced many different types of products from China. I’ve worked with and visited hundreds of suppliers across this huge country so I have encountered the good, the bad, and the ugly. I will share with you stories of my successes and failures. I will show you how you can do it yourself in less time and with more results.
Unlike other sourcing agents, I also have an e-commerce background. I have sold products on Amazon, e-Bay, as well as my own website so I have a unique perspective from both the sourcing and the e-commerce sides. I will tailor the content to your needs so you can maximize your results.
I believe in practical results so our material will center around the following:
- Best Practices – Lessons and shortcuts you can use in your sourcing
- Mistakes – Learn from common mistakes, what NOT TO DO, so you can avoid these pitfalls.
- Communication – Follow my scripts and templates to request for quotations (RFQs), negotiate prices and terms, place purchase orders (POs), conduct product inspections, and solve problems.
- Psychology – Understanding the Chinese suppliers’ mindset and values so you can leverage that to negotiate better prices and terms, anticipate problems, build trust, and enable long-term relationships with your suppliers
- Dirty Secrets – China is not a transparent place and there are a lot of gray areas. I will peel back the layers of the onion to show you what you need to be careful about and how not to get scammed
Please signup to our free email newsletter to get updates and a free purchase order template so you can jumpstart your sourcing today.