Welcome to 80/20 Sourcing! Here you will learn how to source products like a pro, avoid common mistakes, and apply the 80/20 rule to maximize your results so you can grow that 7-figure business.
First things first. If you’re here for the first time, here’s a quick overview of my most popular content to get you started:
1) Want to know how not to get scammed when sourcing from China?
Here’s a summary of the best practices I learned in my years sourcing on the ground in mainland China! I’ve managed multimillion dollar sourcing campaigns and have seen hundreds of factories including the good, the bad, and the ugly.
China is not a transparent place and the culture is so different so I’m exposing some of the common tricks suppliers play and mistakes newbies make. This will save you a ton of time and headaches down the line!
2) Did you know that there’s more to sourcing than Alibaba?
There are many alternatives that may be a better option for you and differentiate your products from your competitors.
3) Did you know that Multimillion dollar Amazon sellers are TWICE AS LIKELY TO ATTEND TRADE SHOWS than non-million dollar sellers?
Whether you’re going to the Canton Fair or a local trade show in your home country, here’s how to attend a trade show like a pro:
- Hacking a Chinese trade fair as a buyer (pre-show)
- How to attend a trade show like a pro: Finding the right suppliers, Asking the right questions, and Getting the right Product
- BONUS: If you are going to China do yourself a favor and signup for a VPN. Trust me… you’ll thank me later.
4) So you’re ready to place an order. Now what?
I’ve prepared a free sourcing checklist that you can use as a guide through the sourcing process. I’ve also created an supplier contact email script that you can use to get suppliers to take you more seriously. Go ahead and signup for my free newsletter first to get them now.
- I’m ready to place my order but wait… What is a Purchase Order (PO), why issue one, and how do I make one?
- How to reduce your risk when paying a Chinese supplier? A breakdown of payment methods: Paypal, Alibaba Escrow, Bank Wire Transfer “T/T” and best practices
5) Before you ship your order don’t forget this crucial step. Not doing this might lead to an Amazon SUSPENSION! It happened to one of the most well-known Amazon FBA podcasters out there. Don’t let it happen to you!
6) Who’s Gary?
Like what you see? Want to have the latest sourcing news and techniques delivered to you inbox for free?
Signup below to get my free sourcing bonus pack which contains a 13-step sourcing checklist, an RFQ email template, and a Purchase Order Template to get you started!