Virtual Executive Assistant to business owner (CEO)
I’m looking for someone detail-oriented and proactive with excellent communication skills to be my virtual executive assistant.
You will be the “Glue” that takes care of all the details of the administrative side of my business and personal life so I can focus on business growth and spending quality time with my family.
I need an A-Player and near perfectionist who can be a trusted partner for the long term. This will be a fast-paced role with a variety of different tasks and challenges that present themselves each week. If you are looking for a slower role, or you tend to get overwhelmed quickly, then this is not the right fit for you. If you are looking for a temporary job while you find something better or so you can go back to school later then this is not the job for you.
If you have extensive experience managing an executive’s personal and professional calendar and have a passion for details, quick problem solving, rapidly learning a variety of different skills, and helping others, then this is for you.
I am based in Okinawa, Japan (UTC+9) and I am a husband and father of a 3-year-old son. I expect you to be available between 9am and 6pm Tokyo time on a daily basis. During crunch time, you might need to be available on weekends/outside of regular working hours as well.
See my LinkedIn for more about me and my business: https://www.linkedin.com/in/garyhuang/
- This is NOT an entry level position. You MUST have at least 1 year experience working remotely as a Virtual assistant for a business owner/CEO
- Expect to get several requests per day from me, many of which include tasks that must be done that day, that you might not have any experience with.
- You’ll handle both my business and personal tasks including scheduling, customer service requests, working with other contractors, travel support, making personal appointments for myself and my family, and more.
- This is a part time position starting between 10-15 hours a month. Depending on how we work together, this could increase to more hours per month.
- It’s remote, so you can work anywhere in Japan/Asia/Eastern Europe/US during Japan work hours 9am to 6pm Tokyo. I’d like you to be reachable and respond to all communication within 1 hour during this time. We will communicate via chat, email, and Zoom.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintain daily calendar, arrange calls, meetings, and conferences while making sure all details are handled in a clear and organized manner
- Book all travel arrangements, including housing (hotel, AirBnB, etc), transportation, and activities both in Japan and internationally
- Assist with monitoring my email inbox, including responding to clients, other contractors, and business contacts
- Research and be the responsible person for service providers for projects
- Handle personal details such as shopping, ordering gifts, scheduling personal and family appointments, and maintaining household items
Knowledge and skills
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple incoming requests, while ensuring they are prioritized and handled at the appropriate time and in the correct manner.
- High level of experience with Google Apps, Apple Calendar, Gmail, and similar apps
- Knowledge of chat apps – (We use Teamwork)
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications
- Capability to setup new systems and “standard operating procedures” (SOPs) in order to streamline business and personal tasks
- Speaking fluent Japanese is a big plus
Education and Experience
- At least 1 year experience as virtual assistant to a CEO or business owner
- Ability to handle several emails and requests per day and complete work by deadlines
- Exceptional ability to proactively communicate progress on multiple projects at the same time
- Highly organized and efficient
- Trustworthy with strong personal integrity
- Forward-thinker who can proactively handle circumstances and situations to head off any crisis situations and take additional work off my shoulders.
- Experience managing calendars
- Top communication via email and phone, internally and with customers
- Ability to lead and manage a team is a plus
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks
- Perfectionist, superb attention to detail
- Since this is a virtual position, must be self-motivated, a self-starter, and ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Must be comfortable developing and working in a virtual relationship and having limited amount of “face-time”
If interested, please apply here